Project management is the discipline of planning, organising, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. The primary role of a project manager is to ensure the successful completion of the project on time, on budget using the resources allocated.
Project Works Design provides project management services for the design and construction of building projects. We act solely as client representative for all aspects of the project.
- Commencing with the pre-construction phase through to completion, Project Works Design will provide written and photographic monthly reports on the progress of the project.
- Provide an overall project programme – Gantt chart.
- Manage and coordinate additional consultants and their documentation as required.
- Lodge development documentation with statutory authority.
- Respond to statutory authority correspondence and coordinate provision of additional information if required.
- Provide a short list of sub-consultants and their fee proposals that may be required to provide additional design services for Building Approval ie: Structural Engineer, etc.
- Coordinate the completion of Building Approval documentation. Prepare a detailed building specification.
- Provide the client with a short list of Private Certifiers and their fee proposals for Construction Certificate approval.
- Prepare a detailed finishes specification in conjunction with the Client.
- Provide client with a short list of pre-qualified builders.
- Invite selected builders to tender the project and provide tenderers with appropriate documentation.
- Review tenderers submissions and provide a recommendation on successful tenderer.
- Prepare appropriate lump sum building contract for builder and the Clients solicitor to review.
- Coordinate the execution of the building contract.
- Conduct and minute fortnightly PCG meetings.
- Attend Client meetings as required.
- Consult with authorities and coordinate additional approvals.
- Review and approve builders programme. Liaise with builder to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Respond to builders R.F.I’s, provide required information and coordinate consultant’s information.
- Review and approve builders’ progress claims.
- Review and approve/reject builders’ variation claims.
- Carry out inspection during the Defects Liabilities Period and prepare of a list of items for attention by the builder.
- Verify that all services have been commissioned and are functioning to consultants’ specification.
- Verify that all appliances are functioning in accordance with manufacturers’ specification.
- Verify that all defects have been rectified
- Review warranties and guarantees.